Sunday, September 18, 2005

So what do you all think?

I assume you all saw Pauline's email? Are we interested in blogging or what?

It seems the question is, will we stick with it? These sorts of things tend to simply add another thing to our already overloaded plates. At the same time, with us all spread all over, it might be a great idea.

The success to blogging is consistency. If we don't post consistently it will fail miserably. Go ahead and add a comment to this post and let everyone know your thoughts. Are you interested? Do you see yourself posting?

Just a thought. Once you grasp the idea of blogging and learn how to post (it is really easy), we might find it becomes second nature to do regularly.

Shhhhh...The top image needs to be changed becuase it is from Suzy's beach pics. I don't have permission to use it. If we decide to this this I will change it. I just started to play with the look of the page a little. I will add a more info, like links to profiles and birthdays and such if we do this.

Rob

5 comments:

MOM said...

I am not sure if the first blog went thru. I am off to a good start

The DeLormes said...

Uncle Tom's family... please do keep this page. That is my vote, anyway... it is so nice to see your cheerie little cherubs from time to time and keep up on the main events. This keeps things in one spot.

Rob, it's ok to not post continually. Don't feel pressure to constantly post if you can't. But from time to time it is nice to click around and get the scoop on the Thompson family.

Just my vote...

Bonnie said...

Hi Rob,

I promise you, it won't fail if you are not posting regularly. It'll just remain there until the next time someone posts something. I've put in comments on other posts but I haven't posted anything yet. One day I will when I have something to post. Sometimes we go several days before someone else posts something. Look at it more as a bulletin board for your family to post the latest events and snapfish pictures or scanned in pictures that we all have been enjoying so much!!! Such adorable pictures of Drew too!! :-) No one needs to keep up with it every day by any means! It's self run after it's set up. Once you learn how to post and add a comment, it's easy to do as well. Please keep it, that's my vote too! :-) Bonnie :-)

Tom Thompson said...

I will use this site if it is an easy place to share a few photos and stories. Tomorrow I will include some pic from Toby's first football game. He is really looking forward to it.

Earl's Family said...

I think it's the greatest idea yet. Sometimes we get too busy for our own goods, and we need to slow down and learn what's going on in the family before they're all grown up! Believe me, the older you get, the faster the time flies, and then we'll look back and say, "I wonder what so-and-so's up to now, or I wonder what they look like now (they were so cute when they were little)!"

Just don't lose patience with us "old fogies" who can learn so much from you younger guys!

Aunt Donna