Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Becca's Shower was a hit!

Thanks for a great time!

On Saturday, April 7th, Becca and I attended her wedding shower (yes, I was graciously invited also). We were very
touched by the amount of planning time and effort went into this event. Becca and I got to spend the afternoon with about 40 friends and family. It was hosted at a little development club-house very close to the Massanari's house. Obviously, Mom and Mrs. Massanari had been planning this event for some time.

It was a great day filled with fun, laughter, and good food (and great cake!). One highlight was
the "How well do you know Brian" game that Becca played. I had been given this questionnaire to fill out a few days earlier. The trick here was that when Becca got a wrong answer, she had to put a piece of Bubble-Yum bubblegum in her mouth. For those of you who know this gum, the pieces are huge. Despite what the picture may look like, she actually did quite well.

We were truly blessed and humbled by the graciousness of our family and friends. We have had a great time getting to put some of the gifts to immediate use (Shari, our entire apartment
smells like a cinnamonny dessert). It was a tough decision when we agreed that I would not use our bedding until the wedding.

When Mrs. Massanari was planning the food for the party, she remembered Becca and I raving about Mom's Iced Tea "recipe." So, she got Mom to make gallons and gallons of Iced Tea and drive them to the party. That way we all got to enjoy it. It was a funny and cute touch.

I must say, I felt especially proud to be a member of this family as I saw all of my friends and family reach out to Becca and really accept her into the fold.


Thanks again to everyone far and near! I leave you with a picture of Becca and I donning our new feather boas. They were given to us by, take a guess, Mom and Dad in honor of my pretend pet snake (feather boa) that I carried around when I was about 3. By the way, Becca and I did not intentionally wear our wedding colors, which were the shower colors. I swear!

9 comments:

Rob and Becky said...

Hey guys. Brian, I still think you are nuts for being at a wedding shower, but hey, I will let that slide. Sounds like you had fun. And I must say, that boa sort of fits, on Becca for sure, but especially on you Brian! Kind of disturbing. Thanks for posting. Great explanation of the day. Miss you guys...

Pauline said...

sounds like it was alot of fun and all that hard work on the moms parts was well worth it. Glad all went well. Thanks for posting us and of course Becca is in the fold")

MOM said...

Brian and Becca,

The pics are great too. It was a special day. Of course, we almost lost Aunt Michelle and Grandmom Price, somewhere on Rt. 30. The food was especially memorable. But I still don't understand what all those bedding parts are for. I think Dad and I may have to get married again, just to get those missing parts. Do they explain those in marriage counseling now a days? Now for the rest of the Thompsons, the boa idea was my least fun idea. The Massanari(s) and my daughter-in-laws made me control my best stuff. LOL

What an adorable couple! We all shared the closeness of that day and it was a memory for us too!

Anonymous said...

It looks like a really great day! We have often commented that we would like to get married again (to the same person, of course!!) to get all the "stuff!" :) The boas.....funny :) You look very nice in them! Glad to add yet another "Rebecca Thompson" to the fold! (Although I guess that;s not me officially anymore!!) :)
-BECKY LYNN

Brenda Arce said...

great pictures...the cake was beautiful!! Who made it?
Glad you had a good time and what are the missing bed parts??

Barbara said...

Looks like you all had fun! Sorry we had to miss it. I love your choice for the wedding colors, too
Love, Aunt Barb

donnaraet said...

Sorry I couldn't make it to the shower. Looks like I really missed a good time! Thanks for sharing the pictures.
A. Donna

Bonnie said...

Looks like you guys had a great time at the shower!!!! Glad everything went well.

Bonnie said...

You mean you guys make Ice Tea up there too? I thought that was just a southern thing. ha, ha.