Thursday, July 05, 2007

Disgusting...

So, I go into Drew's room just now.  He's been playing quietly while I work on doing some laundry and putting Tessa down for a nap.  He's in his bed playing and I ask him what he's doing.  He points at a lump wrapped in his sheet and says, "It's a present!" 

I say, "Can I come play with you in your bed?" 

 Drew:" No, it's wet" 

Me: "Where is it wet?"

Drew: "On that covers"

Me, after noticing a wet spot: "Why is it wet?"

Drew (with perfect pronunciation):  "It's disgusting"

Me (laughing): "Who taught you the word disgusting?"

Drew: "Daddy"

I then proceeded to "unwrap" his "present"-- his box of wipes.  Of course he wrapped it after he took all the wipes out of the box and they were all wrapped up too!

Becky

5 comments:

Rob and Becky said...

That is some foul mouth I have...
Rob

uncle lew said...

"IT" could have been a much dirtier surprise...HAHA

Aunt Jean

I remember Bruce giving me such a present..plus he had use "IT" to paint his bed (which he was very proud of)I wanted to throw the bed away but of course I had to wash it all down with bleach.
OH!! the many presents of 2 & 3 year olds.

Earl's Family said...

I was going to say something similar to what Aunt Jean said. I was expecting you to say something much worse! Anyone who has raised kids knows that "Your day is coming!"
Aunt Donna

The DeLormes said...

Very cute!

Bonnie said...

too cute!