Monday, November 19, 2007

A Nebraska Harvest

 IMG_5746

With only 1/2 hour left in the firearm season Toby harvested this beautiful 8 point white-tail.  He crossed the creek  about 300 yards from us.  I grunted a few times and within about 5 minutes he came toward us.  Toby shot him at a little over 100 yards.  The buck dropped in his tracks.  This is Toby's 5th deer in three years.   Toby has now taken three deer from this exact spot and I have taken one.  Uncle Lee shot his buck about 50 yards south of this spot a few years ago.   Unfortunately it looks like the ground may be leased next year so we will be unable to hunt there anymore.  

 

Also notice what we were wearing.  It was 69 degrees on November 18.  Wow, there should be snow on the ground by now.   Let it Snow!

IMG_5750

IMG_5755

IMG_5760

IMG_5764

5 comments:

Rob and Becky said...

woohoo!!! Congrats Toby!!!

Chip and Karen said...

Awesome, Toby! I'm not sure about your dad, but you've certainly outdone all your uncles... not that that's a big accomplishment... I don't think we've shot 5 deer between the 3 of us, ever! And I know we never shot anything that size! Congratulations!

So where's your Dad's deer?

Pauline said...

awesome! I thought it was you who got one last year just before the season was over then!

Carty Family said...

5 deer in 3 years? Wow, I think you have out-hunted all your uncles. - Aunt Shari

Anonymous said...

Way to go Toby! I have many great memories of when I was out there hunting with you. I can picture the spot very clearly. Uncle Lee