Saturday, February 09, 2008

Brian would be proud!


On Wednesday, Karen and I picked up our "new" 2006 "pre-owned" Honda Odyssey (doesn't "pre-owned just sound better than "used"?). Despite our earlier promises to ourselves that we would never do it, we broke down and conceeded the fact that they're just plain practical! It's dark gray just like the one in the picture. Very comfortable and even enables us to have friends and family come visit without us having to take two vehicles everywhere (depending on how many come to visit, of course!). I'm sure we got "taken" somehow by the dealership, but at least we got what we wanted for the price we expected and the amount we expected for our trade-in. Although I never thought we'd say it, we're very excited about our new minivan.
Brian, knowing how much you love minivan's, I think you'd love it!

6 comments:

Tom Thompson said...

Welcome to adulthood

Carty Family said...

I have been trying to convince Tom to buy one for years. With two kids we can only take one friend with us and it sometimes can be an argument.

Pauline said...

Mark feels the same way!!! and he is way older than you! I wanted that exact van, but we ended up with a "pre-owned" suv which I love but is not as practical.

as tom said ... "welcome to adulthood" we are all becoming old fogies really fast.

Pauline said...

maybe next get together we can all have a race to see which family van will win!!! I suspect Roni won't do too well since her van is all dented up with hoof prints

Brian said...

Woohoo! I knew it was just a matter of time. The Odyssey is a pretty sweet ride. Plus, buying a honda that's a year or two old is probably one of the best values in automobiles (especially when it's a minivan!).

Bonnie said...

Very nice Mini van!!! Way to go!