Monday, January 12, 2009

A Tough Win

Toby took second place at our home meet this weekend.  After an easy pin in the first round his second and third matches were against wrestlers who qualified for the state tournament last year.  This video is his second match.  Toby was winning 15-13 when he got the pin with 4 seconds left in the third and final round.  Toby lost his final match 4-1.  He was happy to go the full 3 rounds and not get pinned against a very good wrestler.

 

IMG_3260_edited-1

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_3263_edited-1

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_3323_edited-1

2 comments:

Chip and Karen said...

Awesome! Congrats on your matches, Toby!

Some great looking photos with good lighting in what can be difficult to capture. The video looks good, too! You must be figuring some things out about getting it online! I'm not so far along yet!

Tom Thompson said...

Thanks Chip, I uploaded this video as an MPEG 2 with video studio pro. It seemed to work well. You just have to be patient

The pictures are coming out well. These were taken in a brand new gym with good lighting. I am using a 70-210 f4.0, iso 800, tv 200 I set the flash comp to +1/3 on the flash. The camera flash comp is set to 0. I still would love to get a 70-200L. would love the f2.8 but may settle for f4.0. Let me know if you see one on craig's list. I saw a 4.0 last year but didn't buy it. Now I wish I had.