Thursday, April 24, 2008

Very Busy Spring

Soccer began for Christopher - He plays in the township league which has scrimmages every Saturday. The season started cold but is now warming up. Christopher usually plays goalie and really loves it. I was able to capture a few pictures of him playing.




Band Concert for me and Darlene- Each spring the band has a concert with the color guard performing the routine from the fall field show, dancing to some new songs, and a little bit of the routine for next year's field show. They did a wonderful job. It seems like we practiced way too much for only one show, but we had a lot of fun. Due to technical difficulties with our video camera, Tom was not able to video the concert and I was too busy back stage to take pictures. Christopher was able to capture a little video and a few pictures with his camera though.




Darlene's Semi-Formal - Here are a few pictures of her and Bryan.




Darlene's Band trip to California - I was not able to go with the band due to the expense so Tom had a little growing up to do to allow Darlene to go without me. This was her first time on a plane and handled it very well without me being with her. She had to call me from the plane while they were boarding due to confusion of seats. I helped her get over her fear of not knowing what to do and then she was fine. She had a lot fun and to Tom's glee, she came home safe and sound. Here are a few pictures she wants to upload.



Next week is Christopher's band concert and soccer continues until the middle of May. It never stops.

6 comments:

Rob and Becky said...

Great pics. Thanks for posting! Loved the soccer. Wish I could be there.

I remember those band days. I guess I shouldn't talk about what happens on Band trips, right Shari!?

Tom, your nuts, but you didn't really have a choice, did you!? Way to man up.

What an awesome experience for Darlene!

Brenda Arce said...

I don't see any pictures??? I'll try again later maybe?

Linda Thompson said...

First of all, we are not old enough to have grandchildren going on dates. Next a tip for this granddaughter, write this on the bottom of your shoes, "TGOF." It stands for "Toenails Go On First." It is easier that way. Anyone else remember being a highschool freshman? Want to go back?

Carty Family said...

Brenda, if u cannot see any pictures yet, you can double click on the picture area and the pictures will open up in picasa.

Pauline said...

love the pictures Darleene I am glad you had lots of fun.. also you look great for your semi-formal!!

soccer, best sport ever!!

Brenda Arce said...

I finally did see them-thanks! great pictures!
Our soccer season ends this Sat. Have fun Christopher!