Wednesday, October 18, 2006

R6s Certification!


Yesterday I certified as a Raytheon Six Sigma Expert! This certification is the culmination of my work for the last year. In order to be certified, I had to give a presentation on the project I've been spending my time on, what I have learned, who I have influenced, how I have shown leadership, how I partnered across organizational boundaries, my own understanding and usage of 6 Sigma principles and tools, and what I plan to do with it in the future. It was only 10 slides, but took close to 45 minutes to present, while answering a host of questions. There were 7 people on my "certification board", who saw my presentation and then determined I was worthy of certification. Although there is a monetary award, the real reward is successfully completing the requirements and being recognized as a Certified Raytheon Six Sigma Expert. I will now spend the next year + working additional 6sigma projects across the company. While it doesn't necessarily mean a promotion, certification certainly identifies people as "high potential" leaders.

I know that there were a lot of prayers lifted on my behalf yesterday, including my own, and I recognize that my success had nothing to do with my own efforts, and everything to do with what God has done for me... whether it be the opportunities He provided, the people He put in my path to help me, the skills and talents He gave me, and the strength and peace He provided to me yesterday. Praise God for His goodness to us! I thank each of you for your prayers and encouragement throughout this process.

For those of you who do not know, Raytheon Six Sigma is "the philosophy of Raytheon management, embedded within the fabric of our business organizations as the vehicle for increasing productivity, growing the business, and building a new culture. Raytheon Six Sigma is the continuous process improvement effort designed to reduce costs." If you'd like to learn more about it, you can check out the following link:
http://www.raytheon.com/about/r6s/index.html

For a well-done marketing video, go here: http://www.raytheon.com/about/
It briefly mentions Raytheon Six Sigma and how it works in our business. More than that, though, despite sounding very much like marketing exaggeration, it does highlight some of the reasons I've really enjoyed working for such a great company!

5 comments:

Roni said...

Wow! Congrats. You really sound like you know what you are talking about.
Roni

Tom Thompson said...

Chip,

Congratulations on the culmination of a years hard work. We are proud of your leadership ability and your desire to glorify God with it. Keep up the great work of shining the light of the gospel in the marketplace everyday.

Tom

Brenda Arce said...

Great job Chip! Are you guys enjoying a beautiful autumn up there? How are the boys, I'd love to see recent pictures of them, I'm sure they have grown and changed a lot. Hi to Karen!

Pauline said...

Congratulations Chip! That is so awesome to be recognized for all the hard work and creativity. Mark and you sound so much alike, he always says how important it is to love your job. He really likes what he does too and it helps you be more efficient. What an honor. I am sure that Christian character in the work force today is so rare that you stand out as one to be entrusted with much responsibility. Congrats again!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations! Very impressive! :-)