Tuesday, October 03, 2006

It's Official: I'm moving!

It's Official: I'm moving! In the past few weeks I have made a lot of decisions and made quite a few changes. First of all, I have officially accepted a job offer with SKF Inc. They make many thing for all different kinds of machines. Bearings (like the one on the left) have long been their main business, but they also make motors, pump, seals, etc. I will be an applications engineer, which is a mix of mechanical engineering, project management, and sales. This is a really exciting move for me, although leaving Raytheon will not be fun. I've had a great year there and learned quite a bit.

The second bit of information is that I now have an apartment lined up. I will move into my new place this Sunday (10/8). My plan is to get the Budget Rent-A-Truck and car-towing dolly Friday night after work. I'll put all of my pre-packed stuff in that night. Saturday, I'll drive down to NJ and add all of the stuff that I still have at home. Needless to say, Mom and Dad are excited to get their basement back. We'll drive the full truck to PA to my new apt. on Sunday and move in! My new apartment is about 1/2 hour West of Phila in King of Prussia (it's about 2 miles from the mall). Here's a link on the map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=649+S+Henderson+Rd,+King+of+Prussia,+PA+19406&ie=UTF8&z=12&ll=40.078334,-75.354881&spn=0.18205,0.472412&om=1&iwloc=A.

Here are two pics of my new apt. complex:


I am renting a 2 bedroom apartment on the fourth floor, but you only have to go up 1 1/2 flights when you enter. I've got a dishwasher and every floor has a washer/dryer room. It's a corner apartment. I will be about 35 minutes from work and 20 minutes from Becca. We are planning to move into this apartment when we get married. It should be big enough and her commute will only be ~20 minutes.

I know this got long, but there's a lot going on.

By the way, here's my new (and old but current) contact info:

(610) 491-8172 home

(609) 457-0522 cell

649 South Henderson Rd

King of Prussia, PA 19406

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Hey Brian that is great. We just may end up being neighbors in a couple of years. We are looking at the same areas, because Mark will probably end up working in Valley Forge! We still have a year or two here first. Be safe moving and let Becca decorate")

The DeLormes said...

Congratulations, Brian!!

It is sooo exciting to get set up for married life, right? Have fun!

I love the apartment!

Roni said...

That is cool. The college that elizabeth is going to next year is in downingtown. Not far from King of Prussia. Or Valley Forge. Maybe Eliz can Visit all of you. I am so excited for you. The whole getting ready is so much fun. And hey you are closer to home.
Roni