Thursday, June 14, 2007

We're Home Owners

These are the pictures we've taken of our new house. We had settlement yesterday (Wed. 6/13/07) at 3pm. Thanks for the prayers, it couldn't have gone any smoother. Who knew getting into debt would be so easy! (Tongue slightly in cheek) We are very excited about our home. We have a month to move in all of my stuff from the apt. I am currently living in, and the Massanari's would love us to get Becca's mountains of "stuff" out of their basement. In all seriousness, both sets of parents have been very gracious through this stressful and exciting process.

Last night, Becca's parents and Sarah and Johnny came over. We had pizza and sat on our floor. Although we don't have anything moved in, I slept there last night. I'd brought over the air mattress. I just felt like I had to claim it or something.


Becca and I are very excited about making a home together. We want to make this a place of hospitality, graciousness, kindness, friendship, love, and care. That was our prayer last night.








Come Visit Soon!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tour.
I loved it...and the exhuberance!!!

Such a wonderful first home.
Karene

Rob and Becky said...

Looks awesome!
I'll say Welcome Home after the wedding when you can both move in together!
Becky

MOM said...

Great video job. Did I see a TV dish? In the video all the rooms looked green but you say the master room is blue. The pics are great too. You two may have a future in RE. How exciting a house with nothing immediate to do!

MOM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chip and Karen said...

Congrats, Brian and Becca! It looks fantastic! All for only 360 monthly payments. I remember the former owners of our house gasping when they heard the final payoff date... that sure made me feel good (facetiously speaking, of course)!

We can't wait to come by for a visit... in fact, it looks like plenty of room to babysit the boys for a weekend while Karen and I escape somewhere :)

Thanks for sharing!

Brian said...

Thanks for the kudos Mom. There is a dish on the back porch. The previous owner had Direct TV with NFL ticket. I suddenly realized what an awesome room the basement would be for him. Big screen TV, full bar, big nice pool table, and every NFL game there is. Wow! Chip, we did the same thing at settlement. We had to sign something with the dates on it, and we sort of chuckled at the final pay-off date of 2037. By the way, you should probably wait to plan any baby-sitting times until AFTER we both live there.

Anonymous said...

Brian, I can't believe how the Lord has blessed you so much so early! That house is gorgeous, I can only look at it and be a tad envious...but I know I shouldn't be :) Congrats!
-RAchel O.

Barbara said...

Congratulations! We are happy for you!

The DeLormes said...

Wow! Very nice, you guys!!! Congratulations!!!