Sunday, October 09, 2005

Harvest Fun



Sam & I spent an afternoon helping a famer
in our church. This is the corn that has dried down to 16% moisture









Sam and Scott are in the combine. Scott's son Kelly is ten. He is in Sam's class. Kelly is driving the tractor pulling the auger wagon.




I am standing in front of the one of the largest farm tractors John Deere makes. I got to drive this monster. It is so easy that a two year old could do. You shift gears by clicking a lever with your thumb.















Kelly loads my truck with the corn
















The corn is dumped into an auger which moves the grain into the bin for storage

6 comments:

Chip and Karen said...

Tom, I only wonder who was most excited? Kelly, Sam, or you? Thanks for the pictures!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Man Tom I guess that there are some really great perks serving the Lord there in Nebraska. I am really jealous! I guess Sam is some excited. God bless.

Earl's Family said...

Tom,

Cooooool. You and your boys are blessed to do such things! I worked with an Oliver combine years ago with Eva Jean's father in Ohio. I loved it and I know you're just busting at the seams. Keep it up.

Uncle Earl

The DeLormes said...

Thanks for the pictures! My boys will enjoy them too!!!

Barbara said...

Wow! What a GREAT experience that must have been for you and your family!